Review: Free Citizens

It's no secret that I absolutely love Liv Evans's writing and I love dystopian fiction, and this last installment of The Derivatives Rising trilogy is no different.

Friends (and foes), this book is no joke — at well over 700 pages, I think it was definitely the best possible way to end the series. Heck, I finished it and then went straight to Liv's DMs to ask "what the frick?!"

I highly recommend reading both The Underground and The Hub (books 1 and 2) before jumping into this one, but you do you and be my guest if you're an agent of chaos.

I truly didn't expect Free Citizens to be full of twists, however, it's got everything I could ask for in an ending of a YA dystopian trilogy, twists included!

I certainly loved how Liv captured the world and characters, and developed both still in this last book! As someone who often struggles to visualise written word, to be able to actually have kind of a picture in mind in my head is actually something. The characters were further developed, and weren't without their individual quirks and flaws, but not in a sense of 'nobody's perfect".


There was exciting action scenes (honestly my fave parts), a little bit of romance (if that's your thing), and of course the dystopian environment in the book; which I found was executed brilliantly.

I can't wait for the next book Liv writes!

5/5 from me!

Comments

  1. Yay! Thank you so much for sharing this review. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Your words are so reassuring, as you've picked up on the things I was hoping to convey. You have warmed this author's heart.
    Xx Liv

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment