Review: Sienna by JF Johns

TWs: slavery, sexual abuse.


This was certainly an interesting plot, and I found the execution to be interesting. It involves a couple of mentions of cyborgs (I wish there was more!), and a kind of two-tier society. The premise of keeping girls as captive by a monster also seems reminscent of the beauty and the beast tale, be wary of the slavery and abuse within the writing though.

Whilst the world building isn't quite there, I do understand that there is a connected universe in the author's other books, but I did appreciate the way the plot was done, especially with Sienna wishing to escape the Master. 

Overall, this was a quick read, and I do recommend it for those looking for a quick scifi read.

Rating: 3/5 

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of this title!


Comments