Review: The Last She by HJ Nelson

 This one is advertised as a The Hunger Games meets The 100, and I was hooked by that! I did think that The Last She ticked the boxes for action.

Whilst I enjoyed the action, the writing felt a bit choppy, and at some points, confusing. That being said, this one was certainly quick paced, and I liked the apocalyptic parts of the story. I just wished there was more character growth and world building.

The writing definitely made it fast paced, and wild. I just wished it was refined a bit more, honestly. I did enjoy the perspectives and how they kind of alternated every chapter between Ara and Kaden. Whilst I did enjoy this, it felt a little too reliant on the instalove trope, something I just simply don't understand.

I'd recommend this one for those looking for a fun action dystopian fiction!

Rating: 3.5/5

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of this title for review.

Comments