Review: King of Battle and Blood by Scarlett St. Clair

First, I really like the cover, it's mostly why I got drawn into checking the book. 

I do get that this title will appeal to those who adore From Blood and Ash, and those who like a bit of steam/spice and vampires. I thought the writing was okay for a fantasy, but unfortunately I felt the plot execution fell flat for me.

Yes there was a fair bit of smut in there, but I wasn't getting the vibes from it unfortunately as I felt like it was there to distract away from the plot (and that was really slow for me to get into). It did pick up pace in the last 30%, but I felt like the first half at least could've been halved - but I do get that this is the trend with fantasy books of late too.

Overall, it wasn't for me (sadly) but do check it out if you like vampires and smut.

Rating: 2.5/5

Thanks to Sourcebooks for a copy of this title for review via NetGalley!

Comments