Review: Wider than the Sky by Katherine Field Rothschild

CW: This book has homophobia and death

 This book explores polyamorus and bisexual relationships, as well as HIV-positive issues - both I haven't come across as much in literature, and is rather unique. Although I really wanted to like this book, it fell short for me.

The main character to me felt rather whingey and at the beginning, rather homophobic towards her (deceased) dad and the other person who comes into the picture. I also didn't like the grandmother who was super conservative and knocked back applications for a HIV+ safe place in her neighbourhood. I also wanted to hear more about Blythe.

Some redeeming qualities in this book involve the fast-pacedness of the book, as well as the concept within the book. I just wished I enjoyed this one more.

Rating: 2.5/5

Thanks to Soho Press via NetGalley for a copy of this one!

Comments