Review: The Dark Tide by Alicia Jasinska

I found The Dark Tide to being filled with lyrical fantasy, in a way that reminded me of The Night Circus. I enjoyed it for the most part, but there were some parts that I felt were missing some elements- which I just can't put my finger on.

I enjoyed reading about all the characters, and the world, but I feel like I just wanted more about each of the characters, given that I'm a character kind of girl. The plot and premise of the story was well thoughout though, and I did enjoy the book nonetheless. I loved the atmospheric writing, and it really felt like I was drawn into the world that was built with it.

Even though I wanted that little bit more from the book, I really really enjoyed the world and would love to see more of Alicia's works in the future!

Rating: 3.5/5

Comments