Review: Dead Ringer by Nicola Martin

A rather interesting thriller, with an interesting premise. 

I loved how the story started out with an app advertisement, it's something I don't see in a lot of books, and I found it refreshing. The idea that the app could find some look-alike was also wild- I can't imagine finding a person that looks like me!

I found that whilst listening on audio, the two voices melded together a little, but that was probably due to me zoning out at times, and not to do with the actual writing itself.

I can understand Ella's way of life- being super quiet and reserved, as I am also that. To essentially switch places with someone that is loud is something that I'd be super uncomfortable with. Mixing that with lies and deceptions would make me super nervous, which I noticed Ella do as Jem often.

I felt like I really didn't like Jem as a character, given her noisy personality, but I really enjoyed how the characters were developed as the story progressed.

Overall, I couldn't look at my phone right after this one for days!

Rating: 3.5/5

Comments