Review: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins

So. I got caught in the hype, and I guess this one was actually okay!

I was initially hesitant, given that I really dislike Snow, but I gave this one a shot on audio. I found that the chapters were super long, but at least the story kept moving throughout each of the chapters. I loved how there was quite a bit of drama throughout, and interestingly enough- I found that the backstory gave me a bit of a better context for the original trilogy.

I really sympathised with Sejanus Plinth and Lucy Gray Baird in this one, but then again, I also have weird tastes. I also loved reading the bits about Tigris, as I felt she didn't have a lot of page time in the trilogy, and would've made for an excellent insight in those.

This one really didn't make me stop hatin' on Snow, but then again, I don't think anyone can actually blame me for that one haha.

Rating: 4/5

Comments