Review: The Last Smile in Sunder City by Luke Arnold

I found this one super enjoyable and it had such great elements to it! In this one, I found it had the perfect balance between mystery and fantasy. I felt like Sunder City had all the grittiness of a crime novel, but also the realism of a fantsay and it was just so superbly done!

It's hard to believe in a world without magical beings being well ... magic. Arnold does this extremely well and I could actuall picture Sunder City in my head as a place that actually exists! I enjoyed the world building, as well as the mix of characters.

The characters sounded realistic, and I really enjoyed the flashbacks to the past that our main, Fetch had.

Overall, I adored this book, and I'm keen to read the next book in the series!

Rating: 4.5/5

Comments