Review: Aurora Burning by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Oh boyyyyyyyyyyy this one here gave me the feels. Half the time I was like (((stress))) because of the characters and their precarious situations, but also because of the build-up of everything that happened.

I really liked the dynamic between Kal and his dearest besh'mai Auri. It was kinda cute to see Kal act all tough, but inside he's just a huge softie, and he's actually maybe just going to admit it a little. I felt like Auri got a lot more depth into her character this time, which really made the story for me.

Alongside Fin (I missed the wit from this guy honestly- I need more!), Saedii is one of my new favourites, and is one kick-ass mothercustard for sure. The only thing I missed more in this book other than Fin's wit was Magellan- I wish I had more page time with it!

Otherwise, I really liked this one- full of spaaaaaaace and action and all the good stuff. The plot twists throughout were great as well.


Although Amie and Jay, what the actual MOTHERCUSTARD was that ending. I need answers, stat!

Rating: 4/5

Comments