[Guest Post] Quarantine DJ

I’m Rob Rufus, and I’ll be your quarantine DJ today.  This isolation has our emotions bouncing all over the place, so here are some records I recommend spinning depending on your mood.  

All records below are also great background music while reading my new book, The Vinyl Underground, which is out now!

FEELING GOOD
Cyndi Lauper, She’s so Unusual
Together Pangea, Bull & Rooster
Rod Stewart, Never a Dull Moment

FEELING ANGRY OR ANGSTY
Misfits, Static Age
Pennywise, Full Circle
The Dead Boys, Loud Young & Snotty

FEELING A LITTLE LONESOME
Hank Williams, Greatest Hits
The Menzingers, Hello Exile
Pink Floyd, The Final Cut

FEELING LIKE SLOWDANCING (WITH YOUR PARTNER OR PET)
Otis Redding, Otis Blue
Charles Bradley, Victim of Love
The Platters, Only You

FEELING EPIC
Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell
The Beach Boys, Pet Sounds
The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack

FEELING SAD
I only have one suggestion if you’re feeling sad.  Listen to Calypso, by Harry Belafonte.  I once had someone tell me “It’s impossible to be sad when listening to Harry Belafonte,” and in my experience he was right.  The pandemic sucks and I don’t want any of you to be sadder than you already are!

If I can get you down to medium-sadness, I will consider this DJ session a success.  Much love to you all, stay safe and keep rocking.  Now put the needle on the record, and let it spin . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Rufus is the author of The Vinyl Underground, which is available from Flux Books (and book retailers) now! Thanks to Flux for giving me the opportunity to join their social media tour!

Comments