Review: Saint X by Alexis Schaitkin

Jumping into this book as an audiobook, I found that it was entertained enough by the supreme slowburn mystery that was unfolding from the get-go. I truly loved how both the past and the present were interwoven, and essentially converged at points. 

I loved the detail that went into this book (from an audio perspective), as it felt that I was right there, on the island and then in the city with our main character Claire/Emily. I also loved the descriptiveness of Alison's tapes, with flashbacks to Claire's own past.

I enjoyed the fictional island, and descriptions of its natives, and how the natives were framed (and then later cleared) for the death of Alison. It was also nice to see one of the suspects reappear in Claire's life, as you don't usually find out the suspects in a crime/mystery in that way until the end of the book, so that was super refreshing.

Overall, an enjoyable listen that left me on a cliffhanger!

Rating: 4/5

Comments