Review: Please See Us by Caitlin Mullen

A gut-wrenching thriller, that sounds so dark that couldn't be true!

I enjoyed the different perspectives, alongside the descriptions that were given to me, whilst on audio. Although it was hard at times to follow, I felt rather engrossed in the story as a whole. The gritty, crime and poverty filled nature of the setting, Atlantic City sounds like it has happened in real life (I can't say for sure, I live across the world).

I loved the whole premise behind Lily's motives for coming back to Atlantic City after having (what felt like) it all previously. I also enjoyed the young voice in Clara, as well as understanding why Luis has it tough in the city whilst also being deaf.

Overall, a truly thrilling listen, that had me gritting my teeth!

Rating: 3.5/5

Comments