Review: The Good Turn by Dervla McTiernan

Oh how this made me feel the pressure that was put on our dear beloved Cormac Reilly!

This third installment in the series was excellent to listen to on audio- it was tense, captivating, and had the investigation and police procedural elements that I really loved from the first books in the series. I truly loved how there was many things going on, and I could piece together everything as it went on. 

I loved the different perspectives throughout the book, but I still want more of Reilly! I felt so sad in parts of the book where Reilly was put through tough or demanding situations, but I love how the whole suspension thing didn't stop him from doing anything- some advice I sorely need at this point in time.

I hadn't had a clue who was to trust until the end of the book, which is something I really enjoyed, as it kept me guessing throughout! I also loved how the audiobook made it so easy for me to imagine the setting (Ireland) and the characters, which truly brought McTiernan's wonderful words to life.

Rating: 4.5/5

Comments