Review: Crescent City #1 (House of Earth and Blood) by Sarah J. Maas

I was super keen for this one, but it didn't live up to what I was hoping for.

I knew it'd be a slow read for a lot of the book, giving it is the first one in a new series, however there was so. much. infodumping. I became really bored with the book within 200 pages as a result, which was a shame, but I pushed through anyways because I'm stubborn like Bryce Quinlan and her painful leg.

Even though the world building was suboptimal, I did enjoy Bryce and Jesiba as characters. I enjoyed how Bryce was trying to navigate the world with Hunt being essentially being a pain in her right backside. I also was delighted to read that Hunt was a giant tease as well, and that definitely made the book a lot more bearable towards the end.

Rating: 2/5

Comments