Upcoming Release: Havenfall by Sara Holland

I was lucky enough to be able to preview a teaser excerpt of this exciting new YA book!

As this is only a teaser, I'll leave the synopsis from Bloomsbury (UK & ANZ) below for those who are interested:

"Summers at Havenfall’s famous Inn are Maddie Marrow's only solace from her dysfunctional existence. But the Inn is much more than a hotel, and life in Havenfall isn't without its secrets. Beneath the beautiful, sprawling manor in Colorado lie hidden gateways to other worlds, some long-sealed by ancient magic.

When a body is found on the grounds, the volatile peace brokered between these worlds is irrevocably compromised. What’s worse is that Maddie’s friend Brekken stands accused of the murder. With everything she loves at stake, Maddie must confront shocking truths about the dangers lurking beneath Havenfall – and discover who she really is."

I definitely felt like this book in the first couple of chapters had a mystery-murder feel to it, and the characters felt gritty and real from the get go!

I also 100% feel like the worldbuilding so early on is a great set-up and really got me hooked straight away! I loved how there is a subtle magic system so far, and not overly in-your-face. I felt that the chapters I read were fast-paced, and I hope that it is a sign of what is to come!

Based off what I have read so far, I'll give it a rating of 4/5 stars so far!

Thanks to Bloomsbury (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley for the teaser exercept!

Comments