Review: Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed

A cleverly written story that had many themes including non-traditional families, political activism, and multiracial cultural perspectives!

I loved how the book was written in the POV of both Maya, a muslim girl, as well as Jamie, a Jewish guy. It felt well-meshed and let me connect to both characters quite well. I did feel for Maya having a distant bestie, as that too happened to me at the end of high school, so that hit home. Jamie's perspectives were interesting, and I loved seeing how he got along with Maya.

Can I just say that I too want a Jewish grandma who's insta famous too?! The use of modern social media here was really clever.

Also, Gabe is a giant pain. 100%.

Rating: 4.5/5

Thanks to Simon & Schuster AU for an early copy of this book via NetGalley!

Comments