Review: The Secret Science of Magic by Melissa Keil

This cute contemporary #LoveOzYA book did not disappoint me! I was lucky to receive a copy of this book in a goodie bag when I went to a session at the Melbourne Writer's Festival this year, which was pretty cool!

This is an adorable dual POV novel that features a 'nerd'- Sophia, and the 'shy guy'- Josh. I love how both were portrayed as outcasts in their Catholic secondary school environment, and how anxiety was a massive theme throughout the book.

I also adored the side characters- Elsie and Gilly, and they complement the main characters well, in this time of change for them, whilst they are finishing up their VCE (Victorian Certicate of Education)- I'm lead to believe that this was set in Melbourne, due to the mention of the University of Melbourne being a local university.

I found this book highly relatable, and I enjoyed reading this one!

Rating: 4/5

Comments