Review: The Rosie Result by Graeme Simsion

I loved this final book to the Tillman trilogy, and it did not disappoint!

I love how Don explores many issues with his son Hudson, whilst Rosie battles issues with sexism in the workplace, and they all work together to find solutions. It was interesting how the series has progressed, where Rosie doesn't seem as wild as she used too, but is more driven and won't take no as an excuse, as well as Don formally identifying himself as an "aspie" after many internal and external conversations and discussions. I felt that all of this set the tone of the book to be mildly more serious than that of the first two!

I also enjoyed reading about Hudson, as an eleven-year old, who is learning what the Melbournian school life is like, whilst settling in after being uprooted from where he started out, in the US. It was heartwarming to see where Hudson took us, whether it was a high and something that made me cheer, or a low, and something that made me sad. I also loved the message of changing mateship and camradarie within Hudson's world throughout the book.

Rating: 4/5

Comments