Review: Frankly in Love by David Yoon

A great story that has a great perspective on many topics, including love, friendship, identity- both cultural and sexual, prejudice, and pride.

I enjoyed the fake dating trope in this story, and I love how differently the different friendship groups reacted to it. I also loved that a few secondary characters essentially 'found' themselves during the progession of the book, and not just the primary characters.

One thing I didn't appreciate was how the cheating scenario happened and then was swept under the rug, and this was not okay.

I also felt really sad in the second half of the book, where it takes more of a focus on Frank's family, and it really hit hard, and I can relate to the family's reaction somewhat in this case. I read the last half whilst on a videocall to my SO, and he was wondering if I was okay, because I was teary af.

Rating: 4/5

Comments